I have always found these a bit serious and regimented on some other blogs however – after a few unsolicited books were posted out to me and were sent straight to the charity shop -I thought I should proffer a few pointers:
- Please email me first with either a press release or short synopsis to email@example.com before sending out copies – if anything this will help those of you who don’t already have my postal address 🙂
- I do not own an e-reader (and also don’t particularly wish to) so ebooks or PDF are a no go sorry!
- Genres I enjoy reading are numerous and varied and I am very much open and excited about new authors HOWEVER as a rule I don’t particularly like generic chick lit, YA or sci-fi – unless it’s along the lines of J G. Ballard.
- I can’t guarantee reviews will come out immediately. I still have books I was given a year ago which I very much intend on reading and reviewing one day – so if you’re needing an instant hit of publicity then best to look elsewhere!
- Happy to take part in blog tours if a. the book gets to me in good time to read & b. it’s a book I want to read.
That’s about it however, if you have any more questions feel free to drop me a line on firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @friendlyshelf